When Linda Riesenberg Fisler isn’t working on her next book she is painting in her studio or riding her Trek bicycle along the many bike trails of Ohio. The former Fortune 500 consumer products manager explores art through her worldwide Internet radio show, “Art Chats with Linda Fisler”. Linda has been creative since childhood, writing stories and scripts of movies and TV shows to entertain friends. She discovered oil painting in the 1990s and began trying to express words visually.
Writing Blind Influence helped Linda realize she had been blind to letting others run her life, so she began to transition to the more artistic life she has today. In addition to The Blind series of books, Linda has created a fantasy book based on her exploration of spirituality. She hopes readers will learn how to open their own eyes instead of blindly following the expectations of those around them.
Linda Risenberg Fisler’s Top Ten List
Top Ten Favorite Songs
(These will be played either when I’m writing or when I’m painting)
10. California Dreamin’ The Mamas and the Papas (every day….)
9. Creeque Alley The Mamas and the Papas
8. You’ve Got A Friend Either Carole King or James Taylor Version
7. Doctor My Eyes Jackson Brown (I actually envision this song being used if/when the book becomes a movie)
6. Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
5. Dreams Fleetwood Mac
4. Carry On Crosby, Stills & Nash
3. Dialogue Chicago (but only if it is the original with Terry Kathy and Peter Cetera circa 1972)
2. Forever in Blue Jeans Neil Diamond (because I will be forever in blue jeans..)
1. Gypsy Fleetwood Mac (The lyrics are so me….)
Successful, sexy attorney Nicole Charbonneau feels content with her life and career as a star at a powerful law firm in Washington, DC. She is blind, however, to the circumstances that will put her at the center of a web of deceit, murder, power plays and conspiracies. Across the ocean, British MI-6 Agent Sean Adkins is tracking a cold-blooded assassin known as the Serpent, who’s been hired to kill President Andrews. The Serpent cares only for the millions he’ll get, not why the powerful group of men wants Andrews killed.
The Serpent, a master of disguise, completes his job, but will it be his last? Sean will stop at nothing to get revenge, which includes setting a trap. Nicole, through her work and her connection with Robert Jenkins, a powerful young senator who happens to head the Intelligence Committee, pieces together who hired the assassin. Will the senator reveal to the public all he knows, or will revealing the identities of the powerful businessmen, politicians and government officials be too much for a country already in a fragile state?
Blind Influence, set in 1979 when the United States was on the brink of its second oil crisis, takes readers on a wild ride of political intrigue and personal discovery.
Blind Influence Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BlindInfluence
Personal facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/lindafisler
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/lfisler (@lfisler)
Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/110587744782827126484/
Blind Influence paperback link on Amazon:
Personal website: http://www.lindafisler.com
(For autographed books: http://www.lindafisler.com/blind-series/blind-influence-book-summary/ )
Blind Influence website: http://www.lindariesenbergfisler.com
Then it started. The siren was the first thing to warn him something was
wrong. The golden light turned dark. The bittersweet taste of adrenaline
began in his mouth, and he swallowed, trying to quell it. A red flashing
light accosted his eyes, and he could see himself running to his home—
their home. He ran into the house, unable to catch his breath. He tried to
wake himself from the nightmare. He didn’t want to live this again.
Who would you cast to play the Characters in Blind Influence?
If you are like me, when I read a book I end up casting an actor or actress in the part. So let’s do this too.
- Who would you cast to play Nicole Charbonneau?
- Who would you cast to play Sean Adkins?
- Who would you cast to play Robert Jenkins?
- Who would you cast to play the assassin—the Serpent?
- Who would you cast to play Tony Shafer?
- Who would you cast to play Carol Gartner?
- Who would you cast to play Ahnah?
- Who would you cast to play Jerome Bailey?
- Who would you cast to play Kevin Thompson?
- Who would you cast to play Norman Sipes?